- Is the Shroud of Turin the same as the Image of Edessa or is it the same as some other cloth?
- Possible explanations for the gaps in the history of the Shroud.
- Legitimacy of claims of what can be seen or detected on the Shroud?
- What are the pros and cons of the various dating techniques that have been applied to the Shroud?
- What are the pros and cons of the various proposed explanations for the C14 dating to the Middle Ages? Specific papers might consider the pros and cons regarding the invisible reweave hypothesis, the neutron absorption hypothesis, or other hypothesis.
- What are the pros and cons of the various proposed explanations for the formation of the image, for example by corona discharge, cloth collapse, radiation, etc.?
Papers on the Sudarium of Oviedo will also be considered for the conference, according to the above criteria, because of its apparent relationship to the Shroud of Turin. If you would like to discuss ideas regarding potential papers or other issues, please contact Bob Rucker ( email@example.com or 509-375-4770 in the US).